Sistema.bio, we are creating value from waste.
Sistema.bio believes that the transition to renewable energy, reduction of global greenhouse gas emissions and adoption of regenerative farming are critical to ensure a thriving world for today and for generations to come.
We advocate for a world in which waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. Smallholder farmers produce over 80% of our food: our technology and services help them be more sustainable, productive and healthy.
We are a leading global social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa. We provide farmers with financing to access waste-to-energy technology that is easy to install and maintain, includes great after-sales service and a 10 year relationship with every farmer.
We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium-scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits. Our products are unique for their simplicity of use, durability and quality.
With a team of about 500 people worldwide, we have reached tens of thousands of farms in 30 countries with clean energy & fertilizer, and we are growing fast. We are on a mission to reduce 1% of global GHG emissions and transform food systems!
By the end of 2025, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for a million people with our technology where they lack access to clean, renewable, and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, and United Nations SDG 7 leader. Sistema.bio is a certified BCorp and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor, and many other leading awards, organizations, and partners.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Your mission at Sistema.bio
Reporting to the PeopleHR Head, the People Associate is one of the central members people offer HR/People team in the India office. This is the role in charge of providing administrative support, co-designing the people strategy, and implementing it.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Ensuring we are legally compliant in people HR-related processes and ensuring constant training on local compliance.
- Adapt and follow India people HR processes including recruitment, payroll, and performance management according to Sistema.bio global standards
- Audit current challenges and gaps in the staff and people HR processes.
- Design & run country training for managers and employees on all people HR policies & processes.
- Support coordination of staff training & learning.
- Grow Employee engagement & country culture.
- Own some people HR projects or new processes at the country level: ex - training module, test on a new award, etc.
- Clear feedback on blockers and ideas to remove blockers
- Doing basic people HR data reporting and analytics monthly and quarterly.
- Be a champion of Sistema.bio, internal communications, and culture.
More about YOU
- You are a bachelor / Master of Business Administration with a specialization in HR or a relevant degree
- You have 2-6 years of experience in the manufacturing industry will be an added advantage
- You can collaborate well with various teams.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Strong Multi-tasking skills and ability to fluidly manage work priorities in a fast-paced business environment
- You are well versed with Microsoft Office – Word and Excel.
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Global company: At Sistema.bio, you get exposure to working with 3 continents and diverse cultures and people. It's the opportunity to build an international career and grow as an individual!
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Learning about agroecology and small and medium-scale farmers: We make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely learn about farming and agroecology in general and its importance.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
- A team of Do’ers: We are a team of doers. You will get a chance to get your hands dirty and learn on the ground up because your ideas and execution matter.
Location, travel, and start date
- Based in India Pune Head Office
- Immediate Joiner
If you still need to see we solve humanity's most important problems
- You should start with our LinkedIn page for team and activities updates (https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6863818735514390528/)
- Check our Youtube channel: you can see testimonials from customers, mini-documentaries and videos of our impact.
- Sistema.bio is recognized as an important player in the fight against climate change! > Science warns against the need to fight climate change
- Culture and values - See more about our values here: https://sistema.bio/opportunities/ - our teams are made of diverse people who think and care about the environment, and love solving problems to grow together.