Production and Supply Chain Manager | México | Toluca
Sistema.bio, we are creating value from waste.
Sistema.bio believes that the transition to renewable energy, reduction of global greenhouse gas emissions and adoption of regenerative farming are critical to ensure a thriving world for today and for generations to come.
We advocate for a world in which waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. Smallholder farmers produce over 80% of our food: our technology and services help them be more sustainable, productive and healthy.
We are a leading global social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa. We provide farmers with financing to access waste-to-energy technology that is easy to install and maintain, includes great after-sales service and a 10 year relationship with every farmer.
We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits. Our products are unique for their simplicity of use, durability and quality.
With a team of about 500 people worldwide, we have reached tens of thousands of farms in 30 countries with clean energy & fertilizer, and we are growing fast. We are on a mission to reduce 1% of global GHG emissions and transform food systems!
By the end of 2025, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for a million people with our technology where they lack access to clean, renewable, and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, United Nations SDG 7 leader. Sistema.bio is a certified BCorp and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor and many other leading awards, organizations and partners.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Who is the Production and Supply Chain Manager at Sistema.bio?
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you will be responsible for leading the manufacturing division of the LatAm business. In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing, procurement, production, assembly, quality management, and international supply chain management according to the business needs.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Production planning: Coordinate with commercial heads/Country heads to prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly production plan
- Sourcing and Procurement: Oversee timely and cost-effective sourcing and procurement of all components, raw materials, tools and machineries required for production
- Production and Assembly: To oversee the production and assembly of the products according to the production plan by achieving production efficiency and quality goals
- Compliance with the requirements of the quality management system, coordinating internal audits.
- Product and process standardization with India manufacturing processes and New Product development strategy
- Logistics: Oversee timely and cost-effective logistics of finished products
More about YOU
- You have a Bachelor of Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- You have at least 5 years of experience leading production of mechanical/plastic products
- You excel at strategic planning in sourcing, production, quality management and product development
- You are committed to driving production efficiency and quality
- You have experience working with SAP B1
- You are fluent in english
- You have great strategic and analytical skills
- You have strong interpersonal and organization skills
- You always pay attention to detail
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Global company: At Sistema.bio, you get exposure to working with 3 continents and diverse cultures and people. It's the opportunity to build an international career and grow as an individual!
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Learning about agroecology and small and medium-scale farmers: We make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely learn about farming and agroecology in general and its importance.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
- A team of Do’ers: We are a team of doers. You will get a chance to get your hands dirty and learn on the ground up because your ideas and execution matter.
Location, travel and start date
- Based in Toluca, México
- Traveling to Sistema.bio India to better understand our production processes
- Starting as soon as possible
If you still need to see we solve humanity's most important problems