Sistema.bio is a leading social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa by bringing technology, training and financing to farmers. Headquartered in Mexico City, Sistema.bio promotes a world where waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits.
By the end of 2021, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for over 200,000 people in 15 countries where they lack access to clean, renewable and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner and the 2017 Buckminster Fuller Institute Finalist. Our Founder Alex Eaton is an Ashoka and Endeavor Fellow.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Who is the Support Specialist at Sistema.bio
Reporting to the Global Data Infrastructure Manager, you will be responsible for our internal clients (aka our employees!) software and hardware needs. This means everything from ensuring fast, stable Internet service to asset management to Salesforce troubleshooting. Your overall aim is to achieve high efficiency and high quality data collection.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Providing technical assistance to all all staff regarding IT and software questions and issues
- Developing + leading training sessions for new/existing team members on IT tools and processes
- Documenting and escalating user issues to improve our workflows or tackle system deficiencies
- Creating and running reports to analyse common complaints and problems
- Writing, editing, and revising training manuals for new and updated software and hardware
More about YOU
- You’re English and Spanish-language proficient and able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- You have previous experience with Salesforce, but this can be substituted with experience in any CRM or relational database.
- You have experience leading hands-on training sessions and creating training materials.
- You’re a self-starter, who is able to identify and prioritize urgent fixes, while keeping an eye on the important work.
- You are incredibly detail-oriented, you would never send an email with a typo and you check off all the boxes in a process before saying it’s done.
- You strive when working independently or when coordinating with different stakeholders. You welcome interruptions if it means helping a colleague.
- Above all, you’re passionate about empowering farmers through sustainable solutions in the clean energy and agriculture space!
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in empowering people to own their projects and be able to take responsibility for them.
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you will work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the small and medium-scale farmers: At Sistema.bio, we are passionate about understanding and serving our customers: small and medium-scale farmers. Working with Sistema.bio, we will make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely understand their challenges and their everyday concerns.
- We care about your career progression: We have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and clear tracking of your performance and career development twice a year.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
Location, travel and start date
- Roma Norte, Mexico City, Mexico
- Potential domestic travel, 10% of your time
- Remote-friendly, expecting presence in office when necessary
- Starting as soon as possible